August 25, 2014
Beckford Elementary PTA's membership banner.Watch us grow strong
PTA membership campaigns with creative themes are a fun and exciting way to build membership at your school. PTA membership campaigns can be healthy, too!
Beckford Elementary PTA in Northridge (North West Valley Council PTA, Thirty-First District PTA) is asking parents and families to "Watch Us Grow Strong." As part of the PTA's membership campaign, each class with 100 percent membership earns a day of fun and fitness.
Want great health materials you can hand out to parents and teachers during the back-to-school season?
- Take a look at California State PTA's latest Health Tidbits newsletter. This email publication can be downloaded, printed and shared with parents, families and school leaders. Encourage your members to subscribe to receive monthly health information, and to see how PTA is engaged in important health and safety topics.
- ALL IN FOR HEALTH is offering FREE back-to-school fliers and bookmarks in English and Spanish that are printed and ready to be shipped directly to you. If you would like to order a starter kit for your local PTA, simply complete an online form.
- The Dairy Council of California also offers great nutrition information online, including five ways to create a healthier classroom this school year.
Did you know? PTA members receive exclusive perks and savings - and we have great perks to help keep your members and your school healthy.
- Your members can save big on prescriptions and medical services. WellCardHealth and its free prescription savings card allows PTA members to receive discounts of up to 50 percent or more on some prescriptions, as well as doctor and hospital visits, dental, vision, lab and imaging services and more.
- Your school can become a "Heart Safe Campus." The Via Foundation is committed to helping our schools become heart safe by providing discounts on AED packages.
Reaching out to students
Did you know that students can become members of both PTAs and PTSAs? Students may also serve on your executive board. Learn more about involving students in your PTA.
When reaching out to students about joining PTA, here are seven key points you can share.
Best practice: Banners and bulletin boards
Let parents and families at your school know about PTA and all the great things your are doing by hanging up a banner on campus or by creating a PTA bulletin board. It's easy! Just gather some basic supplies from home or school to design your own display, or order a banner from the PTA Store. Here are a few great examples of PTA displays and banners:
Share your PTA membership success stories
Do you have a tip for building membership, or just want to share a membership success story from your PTA? We welcome your ideas and stories so we can share them with all PTA leaders. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or share your photos and stories with us on Facebook or Instagram.
Promote your PTA with coordinated marketing materials
While the significance of a PTA has never been more important, it can seem harder and harder to grab the attention of parents and families. Promote your PTA this school year with coordinated marketing materials from the PTA Store. Now when your PTA reaches out, you can utilize professionally created posters, lawn signs, table cloths and more.
This message is being sent to all PTA membership and communications officers as well as all PTA presidents.