Español Forms PTA Materials PTA Store Students
Para leer este en español, haga clic aqui.
Download and share this publication - PDF available in English and Spanish.
Families + Schools = Student success
National PTA's Take Your Family to School Week is celebrated each February to pay tribute to PTA’s legacy, encourage strong family engagement and highlight the importance of partnerships among parents, teachers and school administrators in supporting student achievement.
Decades of research backs it up -- students with engaged parents are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills and improved self-esteem
- Graduate and go on to college and other educational opportunities.
New website launch coming soon!
We're excited to announce the launch of our new website, scheduled to debut later this month. The new site welcomes PTA members, leaders, parents, education partners and others with timely content and resources, bold colors, clean design and easy-to-use navigation.
Not to worry: Our web address will remain the same: www.capta.org. Watch your email inbox for our final launch announcement.
PTA Pop Quiz: Test your knowledge
Ready for a pop quiz? Take your best guess and see how many points you can score!
- In the 1950s, what organization worked to make sure that all children were vaccinated against the deadly polio virus?
- Seeing an increase in illicit drug abuse, what organization worked to organize the California Interagency Council on Drug Abuse in the 1960s?
- What organization worked tirelessly in the 1980s to encourage the State of California to revise the state tax structure for education?
- As schools suffered from budget cuts that resulted in lack of funding for the arts, what organization created theSMARTS Parents for the Arts Network in the 2000s?
- What organization ensured parents had a seat at the table when the new Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAPs) were being developed last year?
If you answered “California State PTA” to all of these questions, you passed this pop quiz with flying colors!
Through advocacy as well as family and community education, PTA has made a positive impact on the lives of children and families. Throughout the state and across the nation, PTA is a network of millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, businesses and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools.
This February 17 – Founders Day – celebrate the legacy of PTA and take time to reflect and take pride in our achievements, and renew our commitment as a powerful voice for all children!
And because you have a PTA at your school...
- You have access to greater information and resources that keep families and schools connected on behalf of all kids.
- Your child can participate in a wide range of programs including PTA's national arts competition, the Reflections Arts Program.
- You can tap into parent-education resources, especially the new focused resources about theLocal Control Funding Formula (LCFF), Common Core State Standards, family engagement and more.
- You have access to exclusive member perks including discounts on group rates at LEGOLAND and discounted car-rental rates at Enterprise.
- Your voice is heard in Sacramento and in Washington, D.C., as PTA speaks up for all children and families.
CREATE CA and Blueprint for Creative Schools help put arts education at the forefront
California State PTA has been rallying to make sure the vital voice of parents is heard - loud and clear - in support of arts education for every student. With the recent release of the Blueprint for Creative Schools by California Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson and the convening of CREATE CA, a new statewide arts education coalition of which PTA is a part of, that message is gaining momentum. Read moreabout the Blueprint and CREATE CA in our SMARTS Parents for the Arts newsletter.
Help turn the Blueprint for Creative Schools into action!
You can help get arts education back in our schools! Take 30 seconds now to join ourSMARTS Parents for the Arts Network. You'll be connected with statewide leaders and parents who believe in the impact arts education has on our students.
Plus, you'll receive news, updates and information to help raise awareness about the relevance of the arts in increasing academic achievement and building a vibrant, productive society.
Click here and be sure to check the "Arts Education & Reflections" box.
Read up on educational issues and win money for your PTA
Paying children to do their homework has long been a controversial issue for parents. Now, parents have the opportunity to be paid to do their own homework….if they take Ed100’s short, self-directed online course on the California educational system atwww.ed100.org.
The Ed100 course is broken into 100 manageable lessons, and parents are assigned one raffle ticket for each lesson completed. Nine parents from throughout the state will have their raffle ticket drawn, and prizes from $250-$1,000 will be donated to the parents' local PTAs. Check out a short video to learn more.
Download the PDF or view online.
We love convention!
The 2015 California State PTA Annual Convention is the place to get the latest information on key issues, build the skills to strengthen your school and community, have fun and connect with PTA leaders from across the state.
The Convention Registration Book is now online, so take a look at the excitement convention has to offer: events, seminars, celebrations, workshops and hands-on training opportunities. Plus get inspired by California State Teacher of the Year Maggie Mabery and California Supreme Court Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye.
Online registration opens March 2, 2015. Register early to take advantage of the lowest fees.