Tomorrow, Thursday 10/18 at 10:18am:
The great Shakeout – Statewide earthquake drill
Friday, 10/19 before school:
4th Grade Sponsored Teacher’s Continental Breakfast
We still need more food donations for this event please sign up HERE if you can bring something, even if you don’t have a 4th grader, we appreciate it! Items may be dropped off tomorrow, Thursday 10/18 at the office, or brought to school on Friday 10/19 between 6:30 – 7:45 AM to the Teachers Lounge, room 501.
Book Fair: The Enchanted Garden
Morning Valet NEEDS LOTS MORE Volunteers for the next couple of weeks, Please go HERE to sign up.
Wednesday, 10/24 at 8:30am in The Library:
Thursday, 10/25 at 8:30am in The Library:
Coffee w/The Principal
Movie Night: Paddington 2
6PM in the cafeteria. Bring a blanket, a pillow and/or a beach chair. Get comfy and watch the movie with your WRLC friends. Admission is free, snacks for sale.
Bike it! Walk it! This Friday 10/12. Please sign up to volunteer that morning, handing out stickers and bars. It’s a fun job and your children can help!
Also on Friday: JOGATHON!
Still not Registered? GO HERE TO REGISTER
Want to Volunteer? GO HERE TO SIGN UP
Want to Pledge Old-School on Paper? DOWNLOAD THE FORM HERE: Jogathon Pledge Form ENGLISH or Jogathon Pledge Form ESPANOL
AND, We Have Lots of Great Prizes for Your Kid’s Fundraising Efforts:
- Top (10) Highest Donations will be entered into a Raffle for either: 1 Wk of Primetime Sports Camp or a Sweet Rose Ice Cream Gift Cert
- Classes with 100% Donor Participation: Popsicle Party
- Top 2 Classes with the most money raised: Popsicle Party
- Top PRESCHOOLER thru FIRST GRADE Earner: Gift Cert to MY GYM
- Top Earner per Grade (Above Winners Not Inc.): (1) TREATS Gift Cert.
- Collect $50 or more and be part of the “Pie In The Face” RAFFLE….Mystery Individuals to be unveiled soon….. 4-6 Winners
- Collect $100 or more receive $5 dollar gift certificate to Book Fair
- Collect $150 or more receive $10 dollar gift certificate to Book Fair
- Collect $200 or more and be part of “Breakfast with the Principal”
- Class with the most Donations- Teacher wins Lo/Cal Gift Basket
- 6 Teachers with Most Donor / Class Participation: Starbucks Coffee Party
Safe & Modern Schools Bond Measure – How you can support it:
We are excited to announce that at our October PTA meeting the Will Rogers Learning Community PTA voted to endorse Measure SMS to support Safe and Modern Schools in Santa Monica, and we also voted to contribute money toward the Measure SMS Campaign. This bond will allow us to protect our kids and modernize classrooms to meet 21st century safety and academic standards.
We need your support to ensure that our friends and neighbors in Santa Monica know just how critical it is to pass this school bond. Here’s how you can help – ENDORSE the Measure; DONATE to support campaign efforts; and VOLUNTEER. Thank you for your support of our kids!
Will Rogers PTA is phone banking to support Measure SMS and get out the vote on Monday, October 29 from 5:00pm – 8:00pm along with families from JAMS and SAMOHI, and again on Thursday, November 1 from 5:00pm – 8:30pm. Please join your fellow parents, teachers and board members to help pass Measure SMS. Give a couple of hours (dinner will be served!), and help generate millions for our schools. For our two Will Rogers nights, send an email to sign up HERE and you’ll get a confirmation email. Or if you can’t join the Will Rogers team, sign up for any night by clicking here: Measure SMS Phone Bankers!
Questions? Please contact Beverly Palmer, Will Rogers PTA Legislative Rep HERE. Thank you!
We have extended the due date for entries to Monday, October 15th. Pick up submission guidelines and an entry form from the front office and return it with your submission. If you have any questions or if you need to email a digital file for a submission, please contact Nicole Elkind at: Reflections@willrogerspta.com
If your child is interested in submitting a piece to the Reflections contest, you can look at the Reflections gallery here and continue reading for more information:
For 50 years, National PTA’s Reflections program has helped students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life. Each year, tens of thousands of students from Pre-K -12th grade create and submit original works of art in one or all of the categories:
National level awards include the following:
- Merit Award: Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: An expense-paid trip for awardee and chaperone to showcase work on stage at the National PTA Awards and Reflections Celebration; $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit.
Cafeteria Food Gets Some More Upgrades!
If you’d like more information about the strides taking place for healthier food in our cafeteria, please check out PAHF (Parents Advocating Healthy Foods), the PAHF Facebook page or contact Harriet Fraser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Come to the Library and you’ll find it transformed to The Enchanted Forest Book-fair. It’s a great time to start your holiday shopping, build your child’s library, and help support WRLC at the same time. We need volunteers, please GO HERE TO SIGN UP.
Order your pictures online HERE, use code: F18WillRogers