Get Excited for the Will Rogers Jog-a-thon 2020!!
Jog-a-thon is one of the biggest and most beloved events of the school year. This year, the Will Rogers Jog-a-thon will have to be done virtually, but we will be bringing the same sense of fun and community to the event that we all know and love! Please make sure to join us for the school-wide assemblies, participate in the Jog-a-thon activities (post pictures!), and ask your friends and family to donate to support our PTA!
We know this is a challenging time for many of us, but please know that your contribution to the PTA is critical now, as it helps ensure that our students and classrooms continue to receive important supplies needed for distance learning, including software, books, and other equipment. It also supports the PTA’s other community-based activities like our Food Program, campus beautification, class events, and much more! No donation is too small. Thank you!
This year, our Jog-a-thon season will run from October 16th through November 20th. We have planned many awesome activities and events for our students along the way (and maybe some surprises, too!). Please make sure you check back here to this page for an up-to-date schedule of Jog-a-thon activities!
Click Here to Register and Start Collecting Donations!
REGISTER YOUR STUDENT on our RallyUp fundraising site. Click here or go to: https://go.rallyup.com/will-rogers-jogathon-signup. It only takes a minute to register and start raising money to support the goals of your classroom! Once you register, your student will get a personal fundraising page that you can share to spread the word and collect donations!!
- Make the final push for additional donations in support of our school! PTA needs these funds for necessary classroom supplies, learning apps, and activities this year and next. No amount is too small and every little bit counts! You could also win awesome prizes like an iPad or a classroom movie party! (Direct link to the RallyUp registration/donation page is here – it is not too late to register and start collecting donations! https://go.rallyup.com/will-
- Email us any pictures you have of your kids doing the jogathon activities to jogathon-photos@willrogerspta.
- Tune in to our Friday Assembly at 8:30am to see whether Principal Bourke or Will Rogers won the Jogathon Challenge, and who gets pie’d! The Zoom link information will be emailed to you separately.
Look for the Zoom link and code in your inbox!
*** Students in classrooms that achieve 100% registration (no donation required) will also win a super cool Jogathon vinyl decal! ***
JOGATHON Weeks 2&3 will be the WHEELS Challenge!! Grab a bike, scooter, skateboard, roller skates, whatever you’d like, and get out and about! Don’t forget to snap some photos of your student doing the challenge and email them to jogathon-photos@willrogerspta.
JOGATHON – CARDIO WEEK!!
Thank you everyone for attending our assembly last Friday – it was so fun to see so many friendly faces, and to hear Will Rogers and Principal Bourke tell us about Jogathon!
This week for Jogathon is CARDIO WEEK! Students can do some kind of exercise to get their heart rates up (for example – running, walking, jumping jacks, at-home dance party), take a picture of themselves (holding the jogathon logo, if possible!), and email it to jogathon-photos@willrogerspta.
Please keep checking our Jogathon page: https://www.willrogerspta.com/
Principal Bourke vs. Will Rogers
Principal Bourke vs. Will Rogers vs. Soap Suds! (If Soap Suds wins, they BOTH get pie'd!)
Please join us for SCHOOL-WIDE ASSEMBLIES to learn more about Jog-a-thon and have some fun with special surprises! (Zoom codes will be distributed in the classroom correspondence.)
- Friday, October 16th – 1:30pm
- Friday, November 6th – 11:40 am
- Friday, November 20th – 8:30am
Use a Jog-a-thon Badge in Your Pictures!
Hold up this Jog-a-thon Badge and take lots of pictures of your student and family doing the Jog-a-thon activities! Then, email your favorite pics to us and we will display them here, and in our social media!
There are color printouts of this year’s Jog-a-thon badge available for pickup in the Front Office (1 per student).
Easy Text to Donate Code!
Spread the word to friends and family!
Text ‘Will-Rogers-Jog‘ to 855-202-2100 to get a link to donate!
Classroom Fundraising Pages
Once you register your student, here are some direct links to the Classroom Fundraising pages:
(As of November 19, 2020, the TOP THREE CLASSES with the highest amount collected are (1) Avitia-Witt; (2) Alexander; and (3) Aceves!)
Top Donation Earners:
(1) The student who collects the most money in donations will win an Apple iPad (32GB, wifi)!
(2) The student who collects the 2nd highest amount in donations will win $175 in Hulu Gift Cards!
(3) The student who collects the 3rd highest amount in donations will win Apple AirPods with Charging Case!
(In the event that there is more than one student who collects the exact amount in each level, we will have a prize drawing to see who will win the prize.)
Donations Above $250:
Karaoke Party! (Individual Reward)
Any student who raises $250 or more will be invited to a virtual karaoke party, and can bring a friend!
(Date/time and song selection TBD.)
Class Rewards (Top Three Classrooms):
Class Movie! (Class Reward)
The top three (3) classes who raise the most money will earn a virtual movie party for their class!
(Movie selection and date and time TBD, with assistance from the classroom grownup(s).)