You can support Will Rogers PTA with your $9 annual membership alone!
Becoming and renewing your PTA membership every year doesn't mean you have to attend every meeting or event. Each membership helps us build our community and shows how many parents support the school. You can sign up anyone for a Will Rogers PTA Membership, including grandparents, students, and friends. Every member enjoys a ton of benefits including discounts at local shops and free items at school events such as free popcorn at Movie Night.
What is PTA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources: The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network: PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.</li
- Speak Up: PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits: Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
- For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member, joining more than 4 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
Interested in Chairing a PTA Position?
New faces and ideas are welcome all year long! We are always on the look out for a volunteer who would like to take lead even if it is mid-year. Each position listed on the PTA Page only last two years and most positions enjoy co-chairing with another person. Send us an email if you would like to take an open position, join up with one that is taken, or make a new one!